Outfit: seventies boho in overknee boots and floppy hat

Outfit: seventies boho in overknee boots and floppy hat


Outfit: seventies boho in floppy hat and choker
Cluse watch, glitter ombre nails
Outfit: seventies boho in overknee boots and floppy hat
choker necklace, peace sign necklace
suede overknee boots
Diamanti Per Tutti rings, glitter ombre nailsOutfit: seventies boho in overknee boots and floppy hat
blouse: Zara - hat: Topshop via Zalando - skinnies: Noisy May - overknee boots: Sacha - watch: c/o Cluse - rings, peace sign necklace: Diamanti Per Tutti - choker: H&M

This 70s thing doesn't seem to be going anywhere, does it? And I have to admit, I get a little kick out of dressing in a way that is clearly inspired by goddesses like Joni Mitchell or Stevie Nicks - or Kate Hudson as Penny Lane, who made a huge stylistic impression on my 13-year-old self. I feel like the 70s were like the flapper era of the second half of the 20th century. Breaking with earlier style decades by doing away with stuff like structured garments, corsets and carefully set hairstyles and exchange them for loose layers, free boobs and low maintenance locks. A summer of freedom after seasons of keeping it all inside. The free-spiritedness of the seventies seeped into the clothes and the hair and the makeup in a way that still has an undeniable charm (and sex-appeal) today.

I like how the handkerchief hem on my blouse modernizes the look a bit. The asymmetry also creates some more curve to my hips, which is always nice if you're kind of straight up and down like I am.

I hope you're having a lovely weekend!

No comments