Beauty: Bellapierre mineral eyeshadow pigment review

Beauty: Bellapierre mineral eyeshadow pigment review

I don't have a lot of experience with mineral makeup, and I don't know why. Mineral makeup is generally praised for its lack of irritants (like preservatives, parabens, mineral oil, chemical dyes or fragrance), and looking at the ingredient list, it's quite clear that these Bellapierre pigments are something else: they only contain mica and titanium dioxide, while the eyeshadow palette I had lying around from & Other Stories has an ingredient list at least five times as long. You can check your own makeup stash and come to the same conclusion.

This paired down simplicity makes it a good option for people who have sensitive skin or suffer from makeup allergies. As I have rosacea (although I haven't noticed it flaring up because of irritants), mineral makeup seems like a good option for me. It should come as no surprise that when I received these three jars of mineral pigment by Bellapierre, I was excited to start my first forray into mineral makeup!

The shades I received are all gorgeous, shimmery neutral eyeshadows. The type of shades eeeeverybody loves, basically. And since these are loose pigments, you can use em all kinds of ways: as highlighters, bronzers, and when dissolved in a carrier liquid, you can apply these pigments as lipgloss, mascara, liquid eyeliner... The possibilities are virtually endless, which is super awesome if you're obsessed with makeup like I am. Disclaimer: I acknowledge that pigments can be a bit tricky to work with, but they're actually easy to get the hang of if you take these pointers into account:

- use a FLAT eyeshadow brush instead of the normal, fluffy one, because using pigments with a fluffy brush can cause major fallout (aka pigment all over your under eye area)
- DON'T apply the pigment in a swiping motion, but dab it onto the area where you want it to go. Again, the fallout thing
- and finally: use a good primer. I swear by Urban Decay primer potion, but I've also heard great things about Maybelline color tattoo in crème de nude (or another neutral, matte shade).

Let's get down to the nitty gritty! 

Beauty: Bellapierre mineral eyeshadow pigment review

Cocoa is a rosey brown shade, champagne is a cool toned gold, and earth is a muted copper shade. All of them have the most amazing multifaceted sparkle to them, and while champagne is on the dryer side (still being a very good product), cocoa and earth are seriously like beautiful, shimmery BUTTER. Opacity in one swipe, and the type of consistency that is so smooth that it almost feels like a cream product on your skin. It was love at first swatch for me, especially with cocoa, which I think would be a stunner in anyone's makeup collection.

I created a makeup look using all three of these, but since the shades are so similar in tone and finish, I think these would stand out more when used with other matte shades. Still, the amazing amount of buttery smooth shimmer is totally stunning. Almost like a foiled finish.

Beauty: Bellapierre mineral eyeshadow pigment review

I used champagne as a highlighter in the inner eye corner, champagne and earth from the inner corner of the lid up to the middle (I got a little over excited and just kept piling it on), and cocoa from the middle of the lid to the outer corner. I finished off the look with a bit of Urban Decay Hustle on the outer V and along the lower lashline, to smoke out the look. On the lashes, I used Maybelline Go Chaotic, and on the lips I'm wearing Catrice Maroon, applied very sheerly.

Beauty: Bellapierre mineral eyeshadow pigment review
Beauty: Bellapierre mineral eyeshadow pigment review

Because of the amount of shimmer in these pigments, you'll have to take my word for the fact that these are even more beautiful in movement. Shimmery or glittery shades always come to live when you see them in action. But I feel like these pictures also do a pretty good job in showing how these pigments catch the light.

Bellapierre's pigments get the thumbs up from me, and I look forward to adding more of them to my stash! These babies aren't cheap, but not expensive either, at €13. If you want to try these for yourself, they're available at beautydoctor.be, or bellapierre's own webshop.

No comments