Beauty: Orly Color Amp'd On The List review

Orly Color Amp'd On the List review, rose gold nail polish.

I have written about Orly before - on the Orly Epix line, and on the Orly In the Mix collection. Orly is a less well known brand over here in Belgium, but one of my uni classmates used to work for them and introduced me to Orly. Ever since I tried Orly Epix, I was convinced that Orly is on a slightly different level than most affordable to mid range nailpolishes in the market here. While most nail polishes barely last a day on me without some chipping (except the AMAZING new line of H&M Beauty nail polishes), Orly Epix remained virtually flawless for at least four days. 

I place high value on lasting power for nail polishes, as I notice my nails are in much worse condition if I have to use nail polish remover often. Longer lasting polish -> not having to replace my nail colour as often. Orly's In the Mix collection didn't last as long on me, but the new Color Amp'd line is supposed to be similar to the Epix line in that its formula is flexible: both when the base colour and the sealing top coat are setting, as well as afterwards. Even when the polish has dried, the colour remains more flexible than regular nail polish, which keeps your formula from chipping from bending your nails etcetera.

The proof is in the pudding! I received the colour On the List to review, which I picked out because I'm a sucker for rose gold nail polishes.

Orly Color Amp'd On the List review, rose gold nail polish.

First, I applied two coats of On the List. The formula is thin and easy to work with, and I always marvel at that Orly patented rubber cap with grips, making it so much easier to close your bottle tightly (keeping air out), and to open it even after some time. I have the manual strength of a chihuahua, so that's a big one for me.

Orly Color Amp'd review

Then, I finished my mani with a layer of flexible sealcoat. Be sure to coat the tips of your nails well, as that's where the chipping usually occurs.

Orly Color Amp'd On the List review, rose gold nail polish.

Et voila, a beautiful set of cool toned rose gold nails. Not the foil effect of Model's Own Chrome Rose or Essie's Penny Talk, but a shimmery metallic effect polish. I have to say I prefer the foil look, but the polish is still gorgeous. A great manicure that works just as well at a Christmas party as at the office.

But how well does it last?

Orly Color Amp'd On the List review, rose gold nail polish.

The polish on my middle finger was chipped because my nails were extremely brittle at this time, and my nail had started to peel. In other words, it's not the nail polish that deteriorated, but my nail. As you can see, there is minor to no wear on all of my other fingers. The beautiful glossy shine is still present as well. In short, Orly Color Amp'd is another total hit! Especially as my Essie and Model's Own rose gold polishes have such a hard time staying pretty longer than one day. Rose gold is such a pretty colour to use as a basic nail colour throughout the week as it goes with everything, so I hate it when my mani keeps chipping on me (as those two foil ones ALWAYS do, sadly), so I'm super happy that I've found a rose gold that stays.

I love this Orly line and I'm eager to expand my collection of Orly polishes. Maybe a nice blackened cherry colour? I always love the look of short, super dark nails for fall and winter.

As I mentioned last time, Orly is sold online at their webshop, and at Di stores. And for my U.S. readers: the Color Amp'd line is sold specifically at Target. The Color Amp'd polishes go for €13,49. More expensive than drugstore nail polishes, but to me, having a manicure last up to a week with zero (or minor) touch ups is totally worth it. Especially if you hate the hassle of removing and reapplying nail polish, like I do, or when you're often on the go. I always reach for Orly Epix for work trips or when I go on holiday for example, and I imagine I'll do the same with Color Amp'd.

No comments