Outfit: Spencer Hastings inspired - shirt dress, Polette sunglasses

Today's outfit was inspired by my favourite Pretty Little Liar: Spencer Hastings. Spencer is preppy, plucky, whip smart, tenacious, popular with the boyz and she always has a good one liner ready.

spencer hastings quote
spencer hastings quote

Took the words right out of my mind, girlfriend. Now, my hair isn't Spencer-perfect in these shots, but I think the outfit is definitely something Ms. Hastings would wear: preppy menswear inspired garments, check. Funky yet timeless accessories, check. Totally impractical purse for a high school student: check. Misleadingly unassuming schoolgirl vibe: check. Ch-ch-check it out!

Spencer Hastings inspired preppy outfit: pinstripe shirt dress, over the knee socks
Spencer Hastings inspired preppy outfit: pinstripe shirt dress, over the knee socks
Spencer Hastings inspired preppy outfit: pinstripe shirt dress, over the knee socks, brogues
daniel wellington watch, white handbag
Polette Tigresse sunglasses
Spencer Hastings inspired preppy outfit: pinstripe shirt dress, over the knee socks
polette tigresse sunglasses
shirt dress: c/o OASAP - cardigan: Zara - handbag: c/o Emmy Wieleman - over the knee socks: DIY - platform brogues: Sacha - watch: c/o Daniel Wellington - rings: Diamanti Per Tutti - sunglasses: Tigresse frames c/o Polette

I took the opportunity offered by the beautiful sunny weather to ditch the coat and my fleece lined tights in favor of nude pantyhose and these over the knee socks. I haven't worn socks like these in agessss because I felt like I was getting a bit old for the look, but I guess that's what having teenage tv characters as style icons does for ya. The socks are back. Another new love: these sunglasses I designed on the Polette website. I used the Tigresse frames and finished them off with graduated black lenses. They fit my small head to perfection and I can't wait to wear them every day come spring.
Hope you like the outfit!

6 comments

  1. Zalig gedaan! Spencer heeft echt de coolste kledingstijl :)
    Naomi, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spence & Emily have the besttttt outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the socks! Especially paired with this comfy-looking shirt dress. It kind of looks like something you'd lounge about the house in while still looking sexy. And I mean that in the best way possible. This outfit is super cool!


    Jamie | www.petitepanoply.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Binnenkort komt zogezegd de reveal van A ben is benieuwd :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You rock that Spencer Hastings look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waar zit je aaaaal? Ik wil met meer mensen obsessen over de spanning die er momenteel hangt :D
    Spencer is ook echt mijn favoriet, geslaagde outfit!

    ReplyDelete