Soft grey eye make up, new brushes and Serpents Club earrings

Some updates on new stuff and new routines in today's post!

My style has been doing a lot of growing up lately, becoming more simple, elegant and professional. I've also learned to appreciate neutral colours in a new way, taking pleasure in how natural colours can make a big difference in a really subtle way if you just wear them right.

Case in point, my most recent new make up look for a regular workday at the office using soft greys.

soft grey eye make up tutorial
soft grey eye make up tutorial
soft grey eye make up tutorial

I don't usually go for cool colours in my eye make up, even though I wear mostly cool colours in my outfits. I just feel like warm colours bring out my green eyes more, usually, but this particular of almost blue-lilac-silver leaning mix of greys is absolutely lovely. Blending is key with a look like this, because you want your application to be soft rather than super saturated and sharp. Like a veil of grey.

By the way, I've recently added some new face make up brushes to my collection, courtesy of Sheinside. 

amazing make up brushes
amazing make up brushes

These are a TOTAL steal at just 17$/14.81€ for all five, and I can absolutely vouch for the quality: soft, dense, heavy and well made - you feel that this is not flimsy stuff. And I use almost all of them on a daily basis. From left to right: flat top buffing brush for liquid foundation (airbrushed finish!), angled flat top brush for contouring or highlighting powder, full, rounded brush for powder blush, floppy flat top brush for very pigmented blushes or subtle use of highlighter, and a pointed, full brush for blending contouring cream perfectly.

The pointed brush and the flat top brush are my favourites, my foundation and contouring cream have never looked this soft and flawless. I haven't been able to take good pictures of the effect yet, but these phonepics (no filter!) kind of give you a rough idea.


And lastly, the Serpents Club sent over this beautiful pair of Lisbon earrings which I wear as often as my earring-hating-earlobes will let me.

the serpents club lisbon earrings

Ever since I stopped wearing earrings regularly, my earlobes start throwing bitch fits whenever I do choose to wear them. I think I'm going to re-train them, just so I can wear these Lisbon earrings on a daily basis. The earrings are sold out now, but Emily sometimes restocks items - keep an eye on her instagram!

7 comments

  1. I've been loving cool colored eye shadow lately too. Gray is just such a great neutral. I think it looks gorgeous on you. Those earrings are also super awesome!


    Jamie | www.petitepanoply.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ik had er vroeger vd h&m die ik keiiiveel droeg met zo'n pareltje, en daar had ik nooit last van :( my ears have become so LAME

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaaah mooooi! die borstels zien er ook nice uit

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty! Leuke borstels, handig dat je ze kan recht zetten. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ja! ik zet ze nu wel in die bakjes, maar als je die zelf niet hebt is het heel handig dat ze gewoon kunnen staan :) hygienischer ook.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh oorbellen, haat-liefde verhouding hier ook :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. The grey eyeshadow looks so beautiful on you. It's interesting but still sophisticated. Also, I hope this isn't weird, but you have the most beautiful eye shape - so much space for shadow!

    Clementine | My Darling Clementine

    ReplyDelete