Knits, floral and over the knee boots

outfit: vintage fur coat, cropped sweater, pom pom hat, floral skirt
fluffy pom pom hat, vintage fur coat
outfit: vintage fur coat, and other stories handbag, over the knee boots
novi due over the knee leather boots
outfit: cropped sweater, pom pom hat, floral skirt
and other stories handbag, naf naf floral skirt
outfit: cropped sweater, pom pom hat, floral skirt

cropped sweater: OASAP - floral skirt: c/o Naf Naf - coat: vintage - fluffy pom pom hat: Oakwood via Company - handbag: & Other Stories - boots: Novi Due
Pictures by Maya

I don't think I've shown you these boots yet, they are handmade leather italian boots, and I bought them at -50% off in the sales: score! I'd been looking for a new pair of comfortable, low heeled, black leather boots for a while, and these ticked all the boxes. They fit my thin calves, and I love how the shaft ends just at the knee, which is a very flattering look on me, so prepare to see these often! My old pair of all purpose low heeled black leather boots had seen better days, which is not surprising as I've worn them regularly for 6 winters, so I felt like I needed to replace them for work and nice occasions. 
As much as I love the skirt and its delicate mix of white and pale pink flowers on a quilted charcoal base, I still feel weirdly self conscious when wearing a sweet floral print like this. I hardly wear prints these days, and if I do I usually keep the rest of my outfit very minimal because I don't want to end up looking too twee. I'm almost 28 after all! HA sometimes I ask my boyfriend or his kids whether I'm 27 or 28 because I seriously have some issues remembering my age. Totally ridiculous. But anyhoo, in retrospect I'm not 100% sold on this outfit. I feel like the fluffy pom pom hat pushes it too far into twee territory to match my current style. Or my sweater should have matched the hat to make it all a bit more polished.

STYLEMUSINGZ

What do you think? Too twee for my style now, or am I just being ridiculous? Or option C: all of the above?

9 comments

  1. Nah, I like the youthfulness of this outfit! It's not childish, but it's fun and playful yet mature enough on you. I really like the cropped sweater & skirt combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the hat! I think it's maybe a little more playful than you usually go for now, but it adds a little bit of nice whimsy to the outfit without being childish or costumey. That skirt is so pretty! It's so great seeing how your style has evolved from flowery retro to sleek and modern; you have always had such interesting (and GOOD) style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh please I've had some ridiculous outfits in my past and I'm sure I have some in my future! but thanks for being sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. prachtige oufit weer! vooral die kaki knit vind ik geweldig leuk staan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this outfit. I think you can have a minimal style and still wear cute prints every now and again. I think that because the pattern is on black and the flowers are more neutral, it's still your style! Makes me want to get something similar to wear with my new knee high boots :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think the floral skirt is twee at all. Maybe if you wore all pink with it. I think it looks cool with the green sweater and black jacket. Your new boots are wonderful and classic too. Great find!


    Jamie | www.petitepanoply.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nah, nonsense! I love this outfit, one of me recent favourites of yours!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh yeah it's more the combination of the hat and the skirt, on its own both pieces are lovely! thanks for the feedback :)

    ReplyDelete