COS Roll Neck Dress in Black and Blue


Dress: COS - chelsea boots: Kell - motor jacket: bankfashion.co.uk - feather boa: Zara

I've been slacking off lately on the blog department! BUT I have some time off from work coming up, so expect an overload of blog posts in a week or so. For now, we'll have to make do with the tiny amount of time I have after all of my other work is finished. But I'm not complaining, I'm actually having a great time at work. I have a bajillion responsibilities but I feel like I'm on top of things, like I've got things under control. Which is kind of the best feeling ever, you know? Feeling competent. And I'm excited about some things I have coming up professionally, like conducting surveys at schools.

But about the outfit! I'm wearing all neutrals again: black, blue and grey. Hey, I'm just blending into the dreary cityscape, but in a very chic way. I mean, if you're wearing a feather boa, you don't really need anything else. But this dress is another perfect piece so don't look at me like I didn't make an effort! I got it in the summer sales at COS, and I'm totally in love with it. You can't really tell from the pictures because it was dark and rainy when Sabina and I snapped these, bu the top half is in navy and the bottom half is black. The ribbed stretchy fabric is heavy and thick, which works perfect for the silhouette because it makes the dress stand in an A line rather than just hang down from my hips. Which is exactly why I love COS: if you'd get a dress like this from a cheaper brand, it would be made out of regular jersey which wouldn't look half as nice.

I hope I'll be able to blog tomorrow but I have an entire day of schooling on how to interview ahead of me so I might just collapse on the couch at the end of the day. Catch ya later! 

PS: navy + black = best thing ever, right?

PPS: apparently, I say "x = the best thing ever" way too often. My colleagues and boyfriend keep rolling their eyes at me when I get too enthusiastic again.


12 comments

  1. That dress is just plain awesome, love it! En over die boa zeg ik niets, die is te geweldig voor woorden :)
    xo
    Joppe
    www.starttofashion.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply and amazing look!

    http://www.juicyguile.com

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moh, zie u mooi lachen in de eerste foto! We did good :D

    http://in-so-mnia.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of Cos, but every time I try their stuff on, it sticks to me in weird ways and only fits one half of my body. May have to go back in the sales and try again though. LOVE this outfit on you. It´s kind of the best thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally understand, cos is all about finding what works and what doesn't! Also experiment with sizing, sometimes sizing up or down makes all the difference. And thx :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leuk! vooral dat fluffy sjaaltje ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun met terug achter de schoolbanken zitten ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That feather boa is the literal best shade of blue. Love it!

    xx
    scarlettandgiselle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha ik zeg ook altijd dit is het beste/geniaalste/coolste oooooit. En terecht ;) Heel fijn kleedje, cos doet het altijd zo goed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like you style . i often buy fashion dresses from this site : http://www.angeldress.co.uk/ maybe you can have a look

    ReplyDelete