Sex Pistols and Gems


t-shirt: Pimkie - pencil skirt: ASOS - chelsea boots: enkellaarzen van Palladium via Spartoo - watch: ISMY

Flat ankle boots and pencil skirts are totally my jam right now. It probably doesn't surprise you that I can't stop wearing this particular combination. My boyfriend isn't too sure about this, he told me it looks more like my vintage style from a few years ago, but I don't think I've ever not loved pencil skirts with casual footwear and a graphic t-shirt so FEH to that. I used to have a black jersey pencil skirt with pockets when I was about 17 that I seriously wore to death (aka until it was destroyed by repeated washings after 3 years). It's just such a perfect, classic and flattering piece, you know? 

My outfit was inspired by the first outfit in this collage I made. A total winner. I mean, not like I couldn't have thought of graphic T + printed pencil skirt + flat ankle boots myself, but it REMINDED me of the combination, you know? So, consider yourself reminded.

PS: I totally should have worn this skirt for an Iggy Azalea inspired look. Darn it!


12 comments

  1. Still love the skirt. En uw haar is zo mooi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. danku! ben blij dat het terug langer is :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leuk! Vooral je rok is fantastisch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this look is very you! But dont tell me that you can wear something like that when you have meetings with your supervisor! lol. Anytime I have a meeting I wear a black pair of jeans and a t-shirt, you know keep it as minimal as possible. Also I was in Brussels last week and thought of you. I have a post if you wanna check :)

    x Anastasia

    Natbee'sFashion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, I totally can :D we have a super laid back office and I'm in the media department, everyone's into pop culture and bands and movies etc etc so references are welcomed! In fact, we have slippers in our office (bought them ourselves) and we wear them when we get sick of uncomfortable shoes, even when getting copies down the hall :D VERY laid back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I am VERY jealous! In my first attempt of having a phd I was surrounded by asshole colleagues and supervisor and was being constantly bullied for my outfit combinations and for being a blogger and having social media where I could state my opinion!!!! Eventually I quited that phd (couldn't stand the negative environment anymore) and now I am happy in another University, doing another phd where the supervisor is ok but still I dont think I would be allowed to wear a printed skirt and a logo t-shirt :P
    You are very lucky then!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. hele leuke combinatie! works for me

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your boots and skirt. I only have one pencil skirt and I've been contemplating if I'll have it altered or what have you. I like pairing it w heels though, pairing it with boots or sneaks, makes me look shorter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I KNOW! glad to hear you found a better place :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. the shape of the boots is very important as well, if you pick something that has a narrow fit and a higher shaft it should work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This outfit is seriously awesome. And I think it looks very up to date, too, not just a "typical" vintage-inspired look.

    ReplyDelete