Faux Fur Jacket, Burgundy Trousers


faux fur jacket, sweater: H&M - trousers: River Island - (zwarte enkellaarzen)/boots: Spartoo - watch: c/o Swatch

I've been gone for a while, haven't I? Forgive me, I've been sick and trying to force my sickness down to keep focusing on my work and failing and just wanting to sleep for 24h at once. I'm still sick! But it's weekend now so I have some room to breath. Except for the fact that me and my guy will be CRACKING down to prepare our Halloween party. Yeah. I should really just go to bed and sleep it off, right?

Stupid thing is, if I type out everything I do or still have to do, I totally see that I'm busy as hell, but during the day I never seem to get rid of that nagging feeling that I could be doing more, or that I'm really just wasting time, you know? Ah, feelings of inadequacy, the overachiever's best friend, AMIRITE?

Anyway, outfit! I've worn this particular combination a few times already now as I think the trousers, sweater and coat make an excellent combination. Comfortable, elegant and fun: perfect. These pictures were obviously snapped before I got sick. I do not look this fresh right now. For real, one of the ladies who always delivers the mail at our office (who I'm on friendly terms with) asked me how I was feeling better because she thought I looked ill. If people immediately see you're hanging on by a thread, you probably need to take a break.

SO, have you been overachieving lately? Or are you better at letting yourself take a breather?


9 comments

  1. I know exactly how you feel...bufff...until my boss died I always wanted to help him any possible way working day and night, he was such a lovely man and a workaholic...but then I realized that life is worth more than that. It is all about being happy, feel good and love yourself and that includes relax, sport and being healthy ;-) so....take care of your life you just have one and you look too gorgeous!! Haha love your easy style and that coat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you've been sick! And feeling inadequate (you definitely shouldn't be feeling that way!!). Have some hot soup and tea (and maybe some chocolate for the feelings of inadequacy), and feel better soon!

    That coat reminds me of a Muppet, in a good way. I love it. Especially with those trousers, which are seriously one of the best colors ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leuke look! Zalige jas! En veel beterschap gewenst en een awesome halloween party! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dit vind ik nu echt een mooie look! Ik begin zo'n broeken echt leuk te vinden, helaas staan ze mij precies niet :( En dat vestje is echt zalig!
    Ik ben deze week ook ziek geweest, niet door te overwerken maar door iets verkeerd te eten :( ugh echt iets wat je wel kan missen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, hope you get well soon! I just bought myself a second pair of burgundy trousers. These pictures inspire me to pair them with some gold stuff, love that warm rich color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. See this is one of those outfits that I never would have ever thought to put together and that I love to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude my whole semester is a breather! Hope you feel better soon :)

    ReplyDelete