Business Casual in Pencil Skirt and Nikes


t-shirt: H&M - pencil skirt: ASOS - sneakers: Nike via JDSports - necklace: c/o Sira & Mara - watch: Scuba Libre c/o Swatch

When you wear an outfit as simple as this one, the finish is all in the details. Like the necklace matching my nails, and my Swatch matching my Nikes. YEAY matchy matchy! I'd call this outfit business casual. Kind of like a lady commuter on the way to work with her pumps in her laptop bag. Gotta be practical while you hustle. BTW I kind of feel like this outfit has some very, very subdued Iggy Azalea vibes. OK not at all except for the fact that I mix a sort of street aesthetic with more of a glam feel here, and some bling. But way more casual.

I'm kind of obsessed with Iggy right now. Can you tell?





I don't think I've ever seen someone whose look blew me away this instantly, except probably Gwen (no need for a surname, right?). Iggy lists her influences as Tupac, Missy Elliott, Grace Kelly, Gwen, Spice Girls, Victoria Beckham, and that nanny named Fran. Sounds pretty much perfect to me. I definitely need to step it up a notch if I want to compare my style to hers without you guys laughing in my face! Consider that a challenge I'll set myself.

SO, are you as in love with Iggy as I am? And would you wear pencil skirts with sneakers?


22 comments

  1. I love the combo of pencil skirt with sneakers! I've also been crushing on Air Maxes, if I'd buy 'running shoes' for no running purpose whatsoever, Air Maxes would be it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neen, ik ben geen fan. Ik vind u bovendien toch wel wat stijlvoller ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. !!!!!! ik ben echt heel erg fan :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep, no running purpose whatsoever :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, dat is echt niet mijn muziek! Ik vind haar haar wel zalig.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zo simpel maar ik ben toch verliefd op deze look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks! ik twijfelde zelf hard of ie niet te saai was, maar ik ben wel into simpel de laatste tijd :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leuke outfit! Simpel, maar zooo mooi!
    En inderdaad details doen veel :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it!

    You come up with the best combos.

    x Krizia

    Shark Attack - Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Liking those shoes :) mooie kleuren!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This does really remind me of those London business girls you spot at the underground

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dit is nu echt eens hoe Air Max'en gedragen moeten worden, bij een simpele maar classy outfit! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. IGGY! <3 Bij haar denk ik wel aan 'colour all over', maar ik snap het wel. Een beetje. Ik denk dat het ontbreken van een zichtbaar middenrif de vergelijking niet zo duidelijk maakt, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You sure look cool and comfy in this outfit especially adding on the pair of sneakers. I'm currently thinking of getting a pair of sneakers too. So that I can look cool and comfy as well =D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this look, you werk it, babe! Iggy is idd heel cool en die blijft classy en wat een body! Die look met een cropped top, regenboog Adidas broek en gele cap is veery Gwen, ze lijkt daar zelfs op haar.

    http://in-so-mnia.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bubble butt! How do you work out? I have a butt like yours but am afraid I might lose it by working out too much cardio. Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  17. hahaha oh I feel bad now! I'm just genetically lucky, I don't do any sort of athletic activity but I have the kind of natural body shape that is toned and pert on bottom and more prone to weight gain on top. I think running (on a track for example, not on a treadmill) would do wonders for any kind of bubble butt aspirations! I've heard that running on a treadmill is the worst for a full bum because it makes it go flat :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good job on the matchy-matchy! ;) Staat je goed!
    Naomi, x

    ReplyDelete