Black and Multicolor


dress: H&M - wedges: Sac d'Anvers - bandeau top: Forever21 - fake tattoo: tattooforaweek - watch: c/o Swatch - bracelet: VillageGalleryDesign

Another summer outfit I had lying around to post. Black with some multicolor accessories, very matchy matchy. The dress is a half-assed DIY: a maxi dress I cut into a midi dress, plus a slit I cut into it. No hemming, no problem: jersey doesn't fray. I think I've stated this fact on my blog about a dozen times, but it's such an AWESOME fact I just feel like repeating it!  Because hemming sucks and easy DIYs are the bomb.

The bandeau bra is new, another impulsive online sales buy. But it's supergreat for low cut tops and dresses, a cute layering piece.

Yeah, I'm really eloquent again today. I contribute so much to the cultural world! Ugh, I've been "enjoying" a persistent cough for about four weeks now and that (plus the personal stuff that just keeps getting worse and worse) is tiring the hell out of me. I'm not sad, just really mentally and physically tired. I'll snap out of it! Trust.

To end on a positive note: I really dig the placement of my latest fake tattoo. Subtle and elegant! Peace out.

9 comments

  1. Ik zou er totaal niet mee staan, maar echt een mooie jurk! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, sorry lady. It sounds like you're having a really shitty year. I really hope things get better for you... I always feel like there's some kind of limit to how much shit can go down before things start to improve in other areas of your life, and I think you must be nearly there.


    Also, this outfit it just... cool. I like the matchy matchy bandeau and wedges and liking edgy black these days. Think I'm about to turn into one of those hate basics people and buy a bunch of black dresses. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Echt coole fake tattoo!
    http://mangelmoes.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  4. but black dresses are basics too in a way! :D I hate to think about it in those terms btw, that my year has been crap. It makes me feel sorry for myself and then it really hits me in the face that life is generally crap for a lot of people, a lot of the time. And also for the rest, the rest of the time. And then I just sort of melt into this puddle of ":(". Please everyone stop saying my year has been shitty! I can't handle it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heel leuk detail die bandeau top onder je jurk! X


    www.fashiable.nl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the first photo. Love what you did with the dress too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh de schoenen zijn geweldig!! En woow wat een mooie fake tattoo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those shoes: I want them (for next summer, which is already too late to buy them I suppose). I prefer hemming: it gives me the idea that it gives the garment a better look. Except when the stitching is done by me, then it's like zigazig-aaah :-(.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i looove that last shot, you look SO sexy! wish i owned something w/ jersey fabric too, i also find hemming to be nothing simple like the whole blogging world seems to insist. anyway, i love the pops of color w/ the beautiful bracelet and fun undershirt too. hang in there & dont worry about not writing much, sometimes life gets in the way. hope you can get some enjoyment in this weekend though!
    http://dusanabotswana.com/

    ReplyDelete